- 1 Butternut squash
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 500 ml water
- 200 ml coconut cream
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- Juice from one lime
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil to fry in
- Fresh thyme, coconut cream and pumpkin seeds for garnishing
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic.
- Slice the butternut squash in halves and use a spoon to scoop out and discard the seeds.
- Use a sharp serrated peeler or paring knife to peel off the skin. Chop the remaining flesh into cubes.
- Fry the onion, garlic and squash in olive oil in a large pot. Cook while stirring until onion has softened and is translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to a boil. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender until desired consistency.
- Taste soup. Add salt as needed and some freshly ground pepper.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with coconut cream, fresh thyme and pumpkin seeds.