- 1 head of broccoli
- 200 g mushrooms
- 1/2 red pepper
- 75 g sugar peas
- Oil to fry in
- 1/2 carrot
- 100 g shirataki noodles
- 250 g tofu
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
Tahini Sauce: (About 4 serverings)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp tahini paste
- 1 tsp sambal oelek (hot chili paste)
- Freshly squeezed juice from 1/2 a lime
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Place the tofu on top of a kitchen towel or paper towels. Set some heavy objects on top and let drain for at least 30 minutes.
- Mix the tofu marinade ingredients (2 tbsp oil, 1 minced garlic clove, 1 tbsp soy sauce, 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar) in a bowl until well combined.
- Slice the tofu into pieces and move into a plastic bag together with the tofu marinade. Store in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Time to prepare the tahini sauce. Using a blender, mix together 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 tsp tahini paste, 1 tsp sambal oelek, 1 tsp red wine vinegar, 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tbsp olive oil and freshly squeezed juice from 1/2 a lime. Store the tahini sauce in the fridge until serving. Start preparing the vegetables.
- Cut the broccoli into florets, slice the mushrooms and bell pepper. Shred the carrot.
- Heat up a large frying-pan with olive oil. Add broccoli and mushrooms and fry on medium-high heat for a few minutes.
- Heat up a smaller frying-pan with olive oil.
- Place the tofu in the smaller frying-pan and fry for 3 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- Drain the shirataki noodles and place in a sieve. Wash under running water. Transfer into a pot with boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper and sugar peas to the large frying-pan with broccoli and mushrooms. Add just a splash of soy sauce and stir. Fry for another 2 minutes.
- Pour over the vegetables to a bowl or plate. Serve your Asian bowl with tofu, shredded carrot and shirataki noodles.