- 1 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp white cooking wine
- 200 g finely chopped halloumi cheese
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- Butter to fry in
- Salt and pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter on medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. You'll need to wait until the water evaporates and then keep cooking the mushrooms until they brown nicely.
- Add onion, garlic, sesame seeds and halloumi cheese. Fry for another couple of minutes.
- Mix the wine into the skillet, and continue cooking until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Transfer into a mixing bowl and add psyllium husk.
- Form small balls from the mixture. Fry the balls in butter until they turn brown.
- I served my "meatballs" with oven roasted cabbage, carrots and cream sauce.