- 1 pcs Saganaki cheese
- 500 g Russian yoghurt 17% fat
- 1 cucumber grated
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Grate the cucumber with the coarse side of a grater. Don’t peel the cucumber; the skin adds color and texture to the sauce.
- Put cucumber in a strainer and sprinkle salt on top. Mix well and let the liquid drain for 10 minutes.
- Wrap cucumber in a tea towel and squeeze out excess liquid.
- Mix together all the ingredients and let the sauce sit in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before you eat.
- Fry the saganaki on medium heat for a few minutes on each side, or until golden.