- 1 leek
- 2 heads broccoli
- 200 g cream cheese
- 2 cups water
- 50 g butter
- Fresh basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cube vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse the leek thoroughly and chop finely. Divide the rest of the broccoli into smaller florets.
- Place the leek and the sliced broccoli core in a pot and cover with water. Season with salt, and bring to a boil for a few minutes on high heat.
- Add the florets and vegetable stock cube, lower the heat and simmer for a few minutes, until the broccoli is bright green and tender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Blend with an immersion blender until desired consistency.
- If the soup is too thick, thin it out with water. If you’d like it to have a slightly thicker consistency, add a touch of heavy cream.